Calling all passionate educators!
Applications are now being accepted for the 2018-2019 school year.
High Park Day School is a micro school which offers a unique and rewarding learning environment committed to excellence in 21st Century education. As a young school with many programs still in development, one of our goals is to recruit staff that are able, and have the desire to contribute to building a community of learners. We require staff to see beyond the classroom and participate cooperatively to build the school and its programs. All HPDS staff work together as a part of a cooperative and collaborative team to provide an extraordinary, engaging, rigorous and relevant education to all of our students. Skill-building and goal setting is an integral part of our program. As a staff member you will be required to work with almost all of the students in some capacity, irrespective of your classroom assignment. You will work cooperatively in a team to create and maintain a positive school environment for all children, staff, parents and community partners. Staff must be open and willing to work and thrive in a dynamic, busy and demanding environment.
Current Openings: Teacher, Full-time
- Lead a multi-age homeroom classroom of up to 12 students
- Design and implement Project-Based Learning (PBL) theme units
- Prepare differentiated lessons and lesson plans for all classes
- Support students with individualized language and math programs
- Participate in ongoing and meaningful assessment and reporting
- Support social-emotional growth of students
- Work cooperatively with all staff to support school improvement, program development, and professional goal setting
- Contribute meaningfully to a positive school culture
- Work in partnership with families to support student success
- Share daily events, activities and school projects through school social media accounts
Qualifications and Experience:
Applicants must hold a Bachelor's degree in Education and a minimum of one-year experience of full-time teaching.
Qualified applicants will also possess the following:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to work collaboratively with other teachers
- A strong work ethic and drive to achieve excellence in their work
- A commitment to personal growth, professional development and life-long learning
- Cover letter
- Two current references (within the field of education)
- Responses to our application questions
Please submit complete applications by July 26th at 11:59pm. Incomplete application packages will not be considered. Ideal candidates will need to be familiar with our programs and philosophy. Send completed application packages to the attention of Kristin Palin, at email@example.com.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants but only candidates chosen to be interviewed will be contacted.