Calling all passionate educators!
Applications are now being accepted for the 2018-2019 school year.
High Park Day School is a micro school which offers a unique and rewarding learning environment committed to excellence in 21st Century education. As a young school with many programs still in development, one of our goals is to recruit staff that are able, and have the desire to contribute to building a community of learners. We require staff to see beyond the classroom and participate cooperatively to build the school and its programs. All HPDS staff work together as a part of a cooperative and collaborative team to provide an extraordinary, engaging, rigorous and relevant education to all of our students. Skill-building and goal setting is an integral part of our program. As a staff member you will be required to work with almost all of the students in some capacity, irrespective of your classroom assignment. You will work cooperatively in a team to create and maintain a positive school environment for all children, staff, parents and community partners. Staff must be open and willing to work and thrive in a dynamic, busy and demanding environment.
Current Openings: Teacher, Full-time
- Lead a multi-age homeroom classroom of up to 12 students
- Design and implement Project-Based Learning (PBL) theme units
- Prepare differentiated lessons and lesson plans for all classes
- Support students with individualized language and math programs
- Participate in ongoing and meaningful assessment and reporting
- Support social-emotional growth of students
- Work cooperatively with all staff to support school improvement, program development, and professional goal setting
- Contribute meaningfully to a positive school culture
- Work in partnership with families to support student success
- Share daily events, activities and school projects through school social media accounts
Qualifications and Experience:
Applicants must hold a Bachelor's degree in Education and a minimum of one-year experience of full-time teaching.
Qualified applicants will also possess the following:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to work collaboratively with other teachers
- A strong work ethic and drive to achieve excellence in their work
- A commitment to personal growth, professional development and life-long learning
- Cover letter
- Two current references (within the field of education)
- Responses to our application questions
Please submit complete applications by July 26th at 11:59pm. Incomplete application packages will not be considered. Ideal candidates will need to be familiar with our programs and philosophy. Send completed application packages to the attention of Kristin Palin, at [email protected]
We appreciate the interest of all applicants but only candidates chosen to be interviewed will be contacted.